Friday, March 15, 2013

You are what you eat...yikes!


I have always heard the expression, You are what you eat, but I never really thought about it much.  We don't eat horribly, but we don't eat completely healthy either.  We have some friends who really take eating healthy to a level that I have never heard of & it has me thinking about the way we eat.  I don't think I will go to the extreme that they have, but I do want us to be a lot more healthy than we are now.  I really want to get dedicated and make sure what we are eating is good for us.  I'm going to start making our own bread, cutting out junk (I'm already trying to cut artificial sweetners all together), making better snacking choices, and eventually I would like to have our own garden and things like that.  It Works has some great resources in their Fit Works Community that I need to start using more of!  I just looked over a few of the recipes that they have & I was blown away!  They also have meal plans & fitness plans that look great too!  I'm going to try this brownie recipe & I'm super excited about it!  
It Works Brownies
Ingredients:
-1 (16 ounce) jar creamy raosted almond butter
-2 eggs
-1 ¼ cups agave nectar                       
-1 tbsp vanilla extract
 -1/2 tsp sea salt
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 cup dark chocolate chips
-4 scoops (8 tbsp) Rich Chocolate Ultimate ProFIT
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325°
2. In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender
3. Blend in eggs, then blend in agave and vanilla
4. Blend in Ultimate ProFIT, salt and baking soda
5. Fold in chocolate chips
6. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and pour batter into dish
7. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes
Serves 24 brownies

Do any of you have any suggestions or tips for us as we start eating healthy? Things your family already does that you think works well?  I would love some websites with research & things like that :)  You can post below or e-mail me at codychristinb@aol.com
I look forward to reading your suggestions :)


No comments:

Post a Comment